Our Spiral Welding machine is a state of the art piece of equipment which further enhances Central’s levels of service in the field of rotating machinery and associated control.
The spiral welder is a multi-surface roll cladder from Welding Alloys Group and can be used to repair motor shafts, pump shafts, rollers and internal bores; helping to reduce client costs as repair is more often both quicker and cheaper than buying new. The new equipment handles a range of materials including 316 stainless steel and provides a fusion bond finish.
High levels of accuracy and repeatability
The new equipment is easy to use and has been purpose built to weld customer components to established standards of quality. It provides an extremely high level of accuracy and repeatability and offers the most up to date technology with automated and controllable Gas Shielded Welding.
Key features and benefits of the equipment include:
- Motorised D3-trak carriage, X and Y travel
- Model WF10S Single Wire Feeder
- Welding head adjustments around centre spindle
- Motorised D3-trak carriage mounted on vertical axis beam, Z axis travel
- Two steel uprights to support X axis beam or four with optional twin lateral carriage assemble
- Carriage beams with hardened guide ways and toothed rack
- Robust industrial PC running on Linux operating system and using state of the art communication systems to all peripherals
- Touch screen technology for data input
- Programming of welding and machine parameters providing complete reproducibility
- Gas shielded, water cooled welding gun
- Water cooling recirculator Model WCR10 for welding gun complete with flow switch for interlock operation
- WAP450-10 CV, 450 A power source
- Floor mounted headstock, self centring 3-jaw chuck. AC motor with encoder feedback, 800A rotary earth return
Our spiral welder can take a maximum component weight of 4000kg and work with component dimensions of 60 – 500mm (diameter) and 100 – 4000mm (length). It allows for horizontal, vertical and longitudinal movement and has a single wire feeder and manual gun angle rotation.
This high spec piece of equipment further enhances the technology and customer solutions provided by Central Group, adding yet another element to our services and helping to ensure we remain at the forefront of the industry.